Saturday, January 9, 2010

Welcome to my travel blog!

Hi all!

As you know, this semester I will be participating on a comparative public health study abroad program, the International Honors Program (IHP) Health and Community track 2 - traveling to Washington DC, South Africa, Vietnam, and Brazil during the course of 4 months. I will be exploring how people in these three very different countries create varied solutions to the common health related problems they face. I will be doing a lot of experiential learning, through site visits, case studies, and volunteer work. In each county, I will be living with a family in a homestay, which will enable me to feel more immersed in each culture. At the end of the 4 months, I hope to have a very good feel for all three cultures and their health issues and systems and be able to compare them to one another, and ultimately, discover where I fit into all of this and how I can make my greatest impact on the world. I hope to post frequently about my day to day experiences (including pictures and stories).

The best way to be in touch with me is to either post on the blog, or email me (jbscheer@gmail.com).

If you have any suggestions on places to go, things to do, or people to put me in touch with - I would love to hear it.

For more information about the program, check out the website:
http://www.ihp.edu/page/health_community/.

Wish me luck!!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment